People: Artists and Cast
Her path to becoming one of the most famous and influential dancers in the world is extraordinary. Born in Düsseldorf on January 30, 1963, she grew up in Oberkassel, overlooking the Rhine. The Don Bosco School, later the Cecilien Gymnasium, prepared her for a life with many languages, her graphic studies and work at renowned agencies in Düsseldorf trained her eye and creativity. When she saw the show “Tango Argentino” on stage in 1988, she traveled to Argentina fascinated by this dance. She trained as a professional dancer and in a very short time conquered a prominent place in the Argentine and international tango scene. At the beginning she was criticized as a foreigner, but ten years later the former president honored her as “best tango dancer”, and the Argentinean post office even dedicated two stamps to her as a representative of Argentinean tango. Since 2001 she has been dancing and working with her husband Luis Pereyra. Both are members of CID UNESCO by invitation of the president Alkis Raftis. Nicole Nau tells her adventurous life and love story in her book “Tanze Tango mit dem Leben” (Dance Tango with Life), published by Bastei Lübbe Verlag in 2013 and now in its second edition.
Luis Pereyra was born on 09.07.1965 in Santiago del Estero. At the age of five he was already dancing in folklore groups, and at ten he became a member of the Ballet Argentino. After studying choreography and extensive dance training in Buenos Aires, he participated as a dancer and choreographer in all the major tango productions that have been successful worldwide – such as the musical TANGO ARGENTINO from 1987 to 2000, for which he received the Tony Award for Best Choreography in 2000. Luis Pereyra is not only a gifted tango dancer and the king of Argentine tap, but also a passionate musician, singer, multi-instrumentalist and true master of boleadoras. It is not for nothing that the press calls him the Fred Astaire of Argentina. Luis Pereyra danced for Al Pacino, Robin Williams and Marty Cosens in the USA. He taught dance to Lady Diana and Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace. In 2012 and 2016, his works were awarded the Argentine State Prize for Culture. In 2017, his last major production celebrated Standing Ovation at the Folies Bergére des Paris. Few artists stay as close to the roots of their local culture as Luis Pereyra. Here he manages the balancing act between modern staging and archaic, the result being deeply moving and entrancing works.
All dancers of the company are trained in long intensive work by Luis Pereyra before they come into first contact with the choreography.
born on January 30, 1981 in the Mataderos neighborhood of Buenos Aires. At the age of 12 he began to study music and a few years later dance. His charm is convincing, his dance, music and singing express respect and a deep love for the Argentine culture.
Ivanna was born on April 2, 1987 in the metropolis of Buenos Aires. Since 2014 she is a member of the company of Nicole Nau and Luis Pereyra. Her passion is the symbolism of the native peoples.
Marcela has been dancing in the company of Nicole Nau & Luis Pereyra since 2017. Trained in classical dance, tango and folklore. Her dance is sassy and virtuosic.
Vanina was born in Buenos Aires on June 16, 1978. Since 2019 she is a member of the company of Nicole Nau & Luis Pereyra. She considers her own strength of her dancing being her expression, security and elegance.
Azul is trained in classical dance and in modern dance, folklore and Tango Argentino. Her work is ambitious, her dance poetic.
Charly Morales has been dancing in the company of Nicole Nau & Luis Pereyra since 2012. He is excellent dancer of folklore and expressive in Tango Argentino.
Born on December 20, 1987 in Villa Ballester, Buenos Aires, Argentina. Since 2014 until now he is a permanent member of the company El Sonido de Mi Tierra of Nicole Nau y Luis Pereyra. The joy with which he dances is contagious, the respect to the culture of Argentina exemplary.
Jorge is trained in folklore and Tango Argentino. Modern interpretations also suit him very well, especially his intensity is convincing.
Gabriel is a young talent. He has mastered folklore and loves Tango Argentino. He was also trained in acrobatics and circus arts.
All artists of the company
- Tony Gallo (2013/2014)
- Julio Urruty (2011)
- Horacio Banegas (2009)
- Marcello Tommasi (2014)
- Jana Banegas (2009)
- Rubén Segovia (2008)
- Mauricio Jost (2008)
- Javier Tommasi (2014/15)
- Heber Mallorquín (2014/15)
- Sofía Orlando (2014/15)
- Ivanna Carrizzo (2014/15/16)
- Florencia Cura (2014)
- Fernando Jimenez (2006, 2007, 2008, 2010)
- Carlos “Charly” Morales Rodriguez (2012/2016)
- Marcela Jimenez (2017)
- Matias Rubino (2006-2010/2012/2016)
- Dario Barrozzi (2017)
- Oscar Ocaño (2017)
- Leticia Abelle (2017)
- Horacio Lopez (2017)
- Sergio Luna (2016)
- Luis Borda (2003)
- Lorena Goldenstein (2010)
- Roberto Zuccharino (2009/2010)
- German Cornejo (2006/2011)
- Nicolas Filipeli (2010)
- Ester Garibaldi (2016)
- Kuli Gomez (2014)
- Claudio Pereyra (2013)
- Emilse Martinez (2013)
- Jimena Cardoso (2013)
- Dabel Zanabria (2013)
- Eduardo Teves (2013)
- Ivana Fleitas (2012)
- Mauricio Córdoba (2012)
- Carlos Charly Morales (2012, 2017, 2022)
- Marcela (2017, 2022)
- Alejandra Ledesma (2012)
- Matias Rubino (2012)
- Leandro Raguzza (2013)
- Walter Dúo Mística (2014)
- Germán Dúo Mística (2014)
- Laura Tilve (2013)
- Pablo Aznarez (2003)
- Diego Reynoso (2003)
- Elsa Liendro (2003)
- Quique Ponce (2005/2006/2011/2013/2014)
- Roxana Carabajal (2006)
- Peteco Carabajal (2006)
- Los Carabajal (2003)
- Dante Valdiviezo (2019)
- Leandro Clerici (2019, 2022)
- Vanina Di Rico (2019, 2022)
- Veronica Aquino (2019)
- Javier Pereyra (2019)
- Claudio Girard (2019)
- ElisabetBacaicoa (2019)
- Fernando Gimenez (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022)
- Ivana Carizzo (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019,2022)
- Paula (2022)
- Azul (2022)
- Jorge (2022)
- Gabriel Goyeneche (2022)
Creative Team & Credits
- Direction, Choreographie & Regie Luis Pereyra
- Tenical Coordination: Jens Hug, Felix Ziesemer
- ETC | Electronic Theatre Controls
- Soundbros | Technik mit Leidenschaft
- Costumes: Hilda Curletto | Nicole Nau
- Video & Movie: Cameo | Dembach Mediaworks
- Photografy: Arndt Gockisch, Guido Gayk, Stefan Pütz, Wolfgang Vogt, Rudolf Wedekind, Florencia Leiguarda, Maximo Parpagnoli, Martin Brand, Karin Gutzmann, Brando Martino, Hartmuth Schug
- Artwork: MELA Design | NN
- Tecnicians: Christian Reinhold, Maxmilian Melzer, Thorben Klever, Oskar Kosubek, Christian Bock, Verena Rogler, Felix Ziesemer
- Press: Go Public | Donata Meyer, Anja Schulenburg
- TV mammimedia, Michaela Diercks
- NNLP Production
- Play Back Editing| Heyday Studio – Andreas Herr
- Tour Management: Rengo Wunderlich
- Exclusiv Dance Floor | Harlequin Floors | Cascade